02 May 2008

Damned Nephilim

I'm about three pages into my term paper on the Nephilim (Gen. 6:4) and I think when I'm done, I'm going to take a month off of any explicit study/reading/thinking/GAAH! of mythology. It seems every time I chase down a connection in Greek or Mesopotamian mythology, it circles back around and I have a new connection to figure out.

The good news is that means there's plenty to write about. But keep in mind when I started this thing, I was told by not a small number of people, "You know, I don't think I've ever seen more than a paragraph on the Nephilim in any one place."

Anyway, this post is just to say two things:
1) HAH! I'm doing research on a graduate level for an undergrad class. Take that, whoever thinks religion majors are a joke.
2) I now know more about divine/human relations, giants, evil, forbidden knowledge, the flood, and how they all relate, than any normal person should. I stopped being normal about ten sources back.

Now I'm going to go away for the weekend and write.

Edit: Part of me wonders why my Apoc. Lit. reader is filed as "General Interest". And now I'm just stalling on getting back to work.
Edit: Finished it after an all-nighter. Huzzah!

Shalom,
Drew

PS: If anyone's interested in reading my paper, just leave a message and I'll email you a copy.

1 comment:

warthpublishinginc said...

I would love to read your paper on Nephilim.
Brotherrolf@gmail.com