01 January 2009

Happy New Year

The New Year has arrived in South Korea -- fourteen hours earlier in South Korea than on the east coast of the US.

It's a new year, a new semester, and we begin to close out the first decade of the new millennium. It's a weird feeling, knowing that nine years ago, I was a sixth grader who wanted nothing more than to study volcanoes when he grew up. I was living in South Carolina at the time -- little did I know that in less than ten years, I would move to Georgia, Kansas, and back to Georgia. And before 2010 closes, I will be moving again, though to where, I do not know.

The truly weird part is that if I so desired, I could be finished with my undergraduate program in one year, though I will probably take fewer classes, take a year and a half, and enjoy my time in Athens.

2009 is going to be a time of priorities and decisions.

So here we go.

Shalom,
Drew

No comments: