16 February 2007

A Criticism of Rob Bell

Rob Bell is among my favorite modern (meaning in my lifetime, so the past eighteen years) authors. Ben Witherington is among my favorite bloggers (and since blogging is a modern invention, this means ever). Which is why, when I checked his blog today, I was very pleased to see a post devoted to Rob Bell. Even if it was a criticism.

While I normally ignore criticisms of my favorite authors, college has forced me to think slightly more critically (I blame my philosophy professor). While I still support Bell, having an idea of where his flaws are is always a good thing.

Shalom,
Drew

Post Script: I'll be in Gatlinburg, TN for a CCF conference this weekend. If you're lucky, I may post a few pictures of mullets.

2 comments:

gavin richardson said...

mullets in gatlinburg? i guess you can find them under the lights of vegas style Christendom

rocksalive777 said...

What's funny is that the speaker, Mike Breaux, used to run a church in Vegas. He alluded to "tithe machines" in the narthex.